This is a pancake which is folded around a filing. It is cheese based. This dish can be made from sweet or savory and is associated with Jewish cooking. In the United States, the blintz is served for breakfast. It is also served as a dessert.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Nutritional value of blintz: 134 calories
- Three eggs.
- Twelve ounces of all purpose flour which is sifted.
- A half teaspoon of salt.
- One tablespoon of sugar.
- 1.5 ounces of unsalted butter.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and break them with a fork.
- Add milk and stir it.
- Take a bow of mixer fitted with a paddle and add flour and salt.
- Place the egg mixture in a stream.
- Beat the batter till it is smooth and scrape the bowl twice.
- Refrigerate the batter for two hours.
- Take a non stick skillet and apply medium heat.
- Add butter on the pan.
- One fourth of the butter should be added to the pan and the pan should be tilted.
- The pancake should be heated for forty five seconds till there is no liquid batter on the top.
- Shake the pan to loosen the cake and place the blintz on the plate.
Cheese blintz, Grammy’s cheese blintzes, cheese blintz soufflé are the different variations of blintz recipe.
How to serve a blintz
Heat the blintz in a skillet for ten minutes and add butter.
How to store blintz
Blintz can be stored in a refrigerator.
Cheese Blintz Casserole
- Twelve frozen cheese blintzes.
- 1/8 lb butter.
- Four eggs.
- Sour cream.
- ¼ cup of sugar.
- One teaspoon of vanilla.
- Put the blintzes in the baking pan.
- Mix the ingredients till they are smooth.
- Pour on the blintzes.
- Bake at three hundred and seventy five degrees for one hour.
Cream blintz cheese blintz
- One loaf of sliced old bread.
- Cream cheese which is softened.
- One egg yolk.
- Two teaspoons of vanilla.
- A stick butter which is softened.
- ¼ cup sugar.
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon which is mixed with half cup of sugar.
- Cut the crusts from the bread.
- Roll the slices with the rolling pin.
- Mix the egg yolk, cheese, vanilla, butter and sugar to prepare a filling.
- Spread the mixture on the bread.
- Cut the bread into slices and roll them up.
- Dip the bread slices into the melted butter and cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Freeze it on the cookie sheet.
- Wrap it air tight.
- Bake at three hundred fifty degrees at fifteen minutes.
- Serve the blintz as warm.
Hint: The pan cake should be heated for forty five seconds till there is no liquid batter.
Read more: Enchilada Recipe