The term ”bread maker” may sound complicated but it is nothing but a petite electrically operated oven with an inner big solitary metal container that has a fixed rotatable spindle which is connected to an electric motor at the bottom.
The inner spindle is snapped by a metal paddle. One need not to worry about the leakage as once the bread mix is poured into the metal container due to the waterproof coat held by the spindle the bread mix sits well in the inner tin.
What is the mechanism behind the bread maker?
- The petite electrical oven is comprised of a non-complex, integrated computer program that has a control panel through which input settings can be operated.
- To use the machine the tin is taken out of the oven and one or multiple integrated paddles are placed in the inner metal container. Then the tin is filled with carefully measured ingredient mixture.
- The loaded tin is placed back in the oven, and desired program is selected from the control panel after which the lid can be closed to proceed with bread making.
- The placed paddles rotate effectively kneading the bread dough. Once the dough is done, the oven will start baking the bread. You will know the final stage as a freshly baked bread’s aroma fills the air.
- Many bread machines are designed with different cycles for various dough varieties. For example, French-style breads, pizza dough, white bread, or even whole grain breads.
- Modern bread machines come with an inbuilt timer system which can reduce supervision. Some of them are also designed with integral custom programs.
Why do you need a bread maker?
- Homemade bread loaves are tastier and fresher than the processed or market sold bread loaves.
- Bread makers utilize less energy than an oven.
- Apart from making bread loaves, bread maker can also be used for many interesting recipes. In a jam setting cycle it can cook risotto, banana cakes, fruit cakes or even a steel cut oat meal!
- For quicker home baked bread recipes a good bread maker is essential.
- An automated bread maker allows you to have some quality time during parties or celebrations at home because it requires minimum supervision.
- One can even cook carefully crafted bread loaves according to their own family needs. If somebody in the family is allergic to gluten, you can also bake gluten free treats for them. Most of the bread makers come with customised settings for specific needs of the buyer.
- A bread maker occupies less space than an oven and it is not fussier to use.
- Many recipes like, porridge, sauces, jams or risotto requires continuous stirring but with bread makers, one need not to keep stirring them.
- If a household’s consumption of bread is regular then having a bread maker is very economical as it can cut costs of utility and works out cheaper than market sold breads.
- It is easier to clean, after every usage just pop the tin out of the oven and give it a good rinse.
How To Use A Bread Maker
Few tips for purchasing bread maker machines
- While buying a bread machine one needs to be careful about warranty. Any bread maker with less than 1 year warranty shows red flags. Most of the bread makers like sunbeam 5891 2 pound programmable bread maker, West Bend 41300, Panasonic SD YD250 etc have one year warranty.
- Always make sure to check the basic features such as bread cycles, dough cycles, control panel settings and timer. Do not get carried away by fancy features. For instance West Bend 41300 Hi Rise Electronic Dual-Blade bread maker is fairly priced machine that offers great features of a high end bread maker.
- Consider the shape of the bread pan as this defines the shape of the final product. Also make sure to double check sizes of bread loaves. You don’t want to end up with an odd looking sandwich on your plate. West Bend 41300 offers three various sizes for bread loaves and it is great for many recipes.
- While buying the product one must carefully consider the dealer or seller. In case of return due to any problems they should have a fair return policy. And always choose brands such as Panasonic, West Bend, Bread man etc for a good return policy option.
- Design of the machine defines many things such as ease of operation, storage and maintenance. Hence it is very important to choose the right fit for your requirements. Zojirushi BB-HAC 10 Home Bakery 1 Pound Loaf Programmable Mini Bread Maker is very sleek and compact and it is ideal for small kitchens.
- The company manual that comes along with the purchase is very important, look for products with good manual with trouble shooting guide. Or they must at least provide good online support or customer support for any possible issues in the future. Sunbeam 5891-2 pound programmable bread maker has a detailed instructional manual that can help to understand the settings.
- Consider the price range. An expensive machine could be offering few extra, useless gadgets or a fairly priced machine can have good basic features. Make an informed choice based on your requirement. West Bend 41300 is one such product with great features of an expensive machine but it is cheaper.
- Ensure to check rest of the details such as power chords, usage of power(as there are many brands with energy saver machines) and those machines which offers an option of saving your setting in case of a power off. West Bend 41300 lets you save your settings and customise your baking options.
A “best bread machine” is a must for all bread lovers. Whether you are a passionate baker or a motivated beginner, willing to explore baking process, bread makers are essential. One can depend on a sturdy, solid automated bread machines to do their job efficiently without much fuss.
The bread makers are simple assemblies of an electric oven, kneading blades with bread pans and lids. They are pre-programmed units with digital display of bread/dough settings, timer options, and other customised programs on control panel. They are designed to cater to almost everyone. Hence they are clear and easy to understand.