Our taste buds fantasize the taste of several food items, but our mind flaunt upon the question mark which is health. The junk food is good to taste but cannot be healthy enough. So we can go for a something which has taste and health both. Hamburgers – these are effortless home made food with great taste and health. The hamburgers are really appetizing food for all and can be prepared without many obstacles.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Bun: 200 calories
- Meat: 185 calories
- Cheese: 113 calories
- Other toppings: high in calorie and change nutritional value for better
Total nutritional value count to 279 calories.
Main ingredients required
- 1 pound of Ground beef chuck- cut into 1 or 1 ½ inch cubes and grind it. Available in market as labeled ground beef or hamburger beef.
- 500 grams of ground sirloin
- Few pinches of paprika powder (4-5 pinches)
- Few pinches of ground coriander powder (4-5 pinches)
- Fresh ground black pepper (as per taste)
- Salt (2 pinches or as per taste)
- Worcestershire sauce (one tablespoon)
- Egg lightly beaten- 1
- Very finely smashed and minced onion and mushroom for great taste.
- Olive oil or cooking oil for the preparation.
Other than this few equipments necessary for the preparation for the hamburger is a large bowl, a sharp knife and a heavy frying pan. The preparation is for preparing 4 hamburgers at a time. Before starting the preparation the ingredients should be gathered for perfection of the dish.
Preparation or method
- Put crushed beef chuck into the bowl and stir it well so that it spreads into the bowl.
- Now put the minced onion in it and mix it up well through a spatula.
- In the mean while put the frying pan on medium heat and add a small amount of olive oil or the oil for cooking.
- Add paprika powder, salt, coriander powder, black pepper and ground sirloin.
- Mix it all properly.
- Add the beaten egg and Worcestershire sauce in it and blend it properly so that all the ingredients mix up smoothly.
- Now make 4 balls out of the mixture and when the pan is hot enough place these balls in the skillet and press them down flat with the help of a spatula.
- Now cook both sides for 3 minutes each.
- In the mean while spread some butter on the inside of the bun and cook them over a grill in a toaster.
- When both the things are ready then put a slice of raw onion, a lettuce leaf, and a raw tomato slice. Put this all between the buns and the hamburger is ready.
- The last preparation step is to put a little mayo on the top of the bun.
Any possible variations
- Variation in meat can be possibly done. Another type of flavor of chicken, lamb or pork can be introduced with variation in sausages. The mixing of two varieties of meat can also be done as according to the taste.
- The buns used in the preparation can be replaced by whole wheat buns can be grilled.
- The other sauce can also be soya sauce.
- A little variation can also be done by putting a cheese slice on the top of the cooking rolls which will melt the cheese and an extra added affect is there.
How to garnish/serve
Garnishing of the hamburger can be done with tomato and lettuce leaves. The tomato and onion slices can be cut down to beautify the arrangement. The lettuce leaf along with salt and pepper in the plate. The hamburger can have toppings as ketchup and English mustard. Homemade French fries are also a good option for serving. As a whole the hamburger can be served with fresh slices of tomato and onion with lettuce leaves. Adding up of salt and pepper gives it a decorative form. French fries are also a good idea for serving flavor and a final touch up. The hamburger finally is can be garnished with ketchup, mayo and English mustard.
How to store
Storing hamburgers is not a big problem as everything else except the rolls which are placed inside the buns are readymade. So whenever it comes to making hamburgers one can cut slices of tomato, onion and get lettuce and other ingredients. The hand made rolls however can be stored in refrigerators. This way they can be preserved in plastic wraps. Later they can be used after toasting them up. The hamburgers can be made in same way with the patties and other ingredients.
- The garnishing and toppings should be fresh enough to make the hamburger look fresh and yummy enough to grab.
- The meat should give a juicy texture to the hamburger and therefore the selection of the meat should be done accordingly.
- The ketchup and flavors used should be in accordance to the taste.
- Low fat burgers can also be made with changes in the hamburger.
- Proper temperatures while cooking is must and the hamburger should be moist and soft.
- Smash each ingredient carefully to make a perfect mixture.
- Do not overcook the patties, as the taste depends on it.
- Make sure the veggies are properly cut and garnished.
- If serving French fries, make sure it is properly salted and does not have excess of oil in it.